As my readers know, I frequent thrift shops for textile treasures. I spied this colorful batik Boston Commons quilt top across the aisle. A quick look at it didn’t show any rips, stains or bad odors so I decided it was purchase worthy.
Well, hello! After getting it home I noticed the corners. Yi-yi-yi-yi! The quilter/piecer tried a shortcut to stitch the sides to the common. Obviously it didn’t work and it didn’t fit. There will be a lot of reverse sewing going on. I am thankful that the quilter who made this did not cut off the ends at the corners. I think I may have some of the cream tone-on-tone in my stash if I need to add another border and I am sure I can find a good batik for a solid border.
There will be a lot of hours involved to get this ready to quilt. I am on a self imposed hiatus from art quilting and this project is just right for relaxing on the the deck, pick a little, sip a little tea, pick a little, sip a little tea.