My poinsettia [Euphorbia pulcherrima] plants from Christmas died. I had 5 small ones that were red and pink. Rather than toss the dropped petals, I put them in a jar with a vinegar solution to see what would happen. I bundled a few of the petals [leaves actually] in a soda ash treated cotton cloth, rolled and bundled it and dropped it into the jar. I left it for a couple of weeks and couldn’t stand it any longer. This is what I got.
I have dried the cloth, then I will heat set it with the iron. I will drop in more cloth bundles and when they come out I may use some post-mordants to see what I get.
This is just so much fun!!!